Archive for the ‘1447’ Category
Sitting around 7,000 feet above sea level, Park City is the perfect locale to escape from the summer heat! Park City, Utah is home to the US Ski Team and the Sundance Film Festival, and is widely known as a great winter vacation destination. What many people don’t realize, is that Park City is also an amazing summer destination. With a fun, bustling downtown area, wildflowers as far as the eye can see, golf, fishing, and a variety of festivals, the mountain village is the perfect summer vacation destination!
The same mountain that provides world-class skiing also offers some amazing mountain biking in addition to an alpine slide, ziprider, alpine coaster, a climbing wall and more! For the less adventurous traveler, there is also the option of a scenic chairlift ride, hiking, and mini golf. Park City Mountain Resort, Deer Valley Resort, and The Canyons Resort all offer a little something for everyone in the summer.
When planning your vacation, be sure to check out some of the amazing Park City vacation rentals. Amazing mountain condos and private homes that command high rates in the winter are often offered for a fraction of the price throughout the summer months!
You may want to center your trip around one of the many festivals that Park City is famous for. Here is some information on a few of the area’s most popular summer events:
- Park City Food and Wine Classic [July 9-12] -An “Epicurean Extravaganza” featuring master winemakers, amazing chefs, and an impressive guest list! This delectable event is a must if you love food, wine, and good company!
- Fidelity Jazz Festival [August 21-23] -An annual festival featuring amazing musicians. In addition to nightly performances, this festival features daily workshops and clinics for budding musicians.
- Deer Valley Music Festival -A variety of musical styles to suit all tastes and ages!
- Park City Farmer’s Market -Held every Wednesday between June and October from noon to seven pm at The Canyons Cabriolet parking lot.
- Park Silly Sunday Market -An eco-friendly open market and street festival. Every Sunday from mid-June through September.
- Fourth of July Celebrations -There are a variety of celebrations surrounding Independence day! Starting with the July 3rd celebration at The Canyons Resort, finishing up with activities and fireworks at Park City’s Traditional Independence Day Celebration and The Flying Ace All-Stars Show at The Utah Olympic Park.
What are you waiting for? Start planning your Park City getaway today!
Images Courtesy ArtBrom