Archive for January, 2010
Lynnwood Washington is one of those towns that is perfect for visiting, no matter what you enjoy doing while traveling. Offering a small town setting within minutes of some of Washington’s largest cities and best outdoor activities, there is no shortage of fun things to do while visiting!
Here are our Top Ten Lynnwood Area Activities:
- Seattle - Located just 20 minutes north of Seattle, Lynnwood is our favorite (and most convenient) destination for exploring the North Puget Sound area. A comfortable alternative to staying right downtown without being isolated from the conveniences of city life.
- Wine Country - Does this really need explaining? The Pacific Northwest is home to some of the country’s most popular wines. Explore local wineries and choose your favorites to take back home with you!
- Delectable Cuisine – Offering over 100 restaurants, Lynnwood provides a variety of amazing dining options. The only frustration you’ll have is deciding which places to eat at while visiting, and which ones save for your next trip!
- Great Shopping - The only thing that Lynnwood offers more of than dining is shopping! The most popular place in town is Alderwood, an impressive combination of indoor mall and outdoor shopping village. Explore top name department stores along side exclusive boutiques and specialty shops.
- Ferry Rides - A relaxing and scenic way to explore the Puget Sound, and a favorite mode of transportation for both visitors and locals alike! Hop on the ferry and choose one of the many island communities to explore.
- The Great Outdoors - Whether you’re an adrenaline junkie looking for a rush or prefer a quiet picnic in the park, the area has amazing outdoor opportunities! Some favorite activities include golf, hiking and biking trails, white water rafting, whale watching, fishing, and beach combing. Choose your favorite and get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather!
- Festivals - Lynnwood is home to hundreds of events throughout the year. Choose your favorite and plan your travel around it! Offering everything from agricultural tourism to music festivals and athletic tournaments, you’ll find something for everyone on your visit to the area.
- Heritage Park - Experience Lynnwood’s history at Heritage Park. Featuring structures and history from the area’s original Alderwood Manor, guests can tour the park and learn about the town’s beginnings.
- The Arts - Offering cultural opportunities such as the Pacific Northwest Ballet, the Imagine Children’s Museum, and the Seattle Symphony, the Seattle area is home to a wealth of performing arts. Whatever type of art you prefer, you’re sure to find something you love!
- Relaxation - Looking to just get away from it all while on your vacation? Lynnwood is the perfect escape for rest and relaxation! Without the hustle and bustle of the city to distract you, you can enjoy beautiful scenery, friendly faces, and comfortable accommodations without ever leaving town.
What is your favorite thing about the Pacific Northwest? We’re thinking it is time for a visit, we’ve got a list of things that we’d like to do!